[Prev][Next][Index][Thread]

Spiders

I am looking for information about a very unusual thing I have
witnessed.
 I have seen two spiders that only come out after dark spin their webs
an then just befor sunup they dissapear and "NO" sign of the beautifull
webs they spin can be found,not a thread remains.
These spiders are small,less than a half inch, the bodies are round like
a marble, one is what I would call bright orange ,and the other was
grey.
They spin these webs between objects that are at least 15 feet apart.
These webbs are suspended by two single strands on each side and the web
is built in the middle of the two objects that hold them. I am 76 yrs
old grew up on a farm and I thought I knew about every type spider that
lived in southern N Carolina but this is the strangest thing I have ever
seen. Do you have any idea what they are and can you give me any
Information on them (what they are , are they poisenious, are they a new
species ?) I would greatly appreciate any info you could give me. Thank
you very much.
 Harvey Alexander    harv14@juno.com