Re: 2 Thess. 6-7

Paul Dixon - Ladd Hill Bible Church (pauld@iclnet93.iclnet.org)
Tue, 3 Sep 1996 22:01:33 -0700 (PDT)

Don, what do you mean by "I am inclined to attribute it to translation
Greek"?

You then go on to say you "don't have much trouble with the GAR in v.
7." Would you mind elaborating? How, then, do you explain v. 7? Do you
see it as explaining v. 6, or at least something in it? If so, what?
This is something that has always bothered me and I'm not sure I have
seen an explanation under the good restrainer view that makes much
sense. It does seem the neuter TO KATECHON (v. 6) is being explained by
the neuter TO MUSTERION of v. 7. This would make sense only under an
evil restrainer view.

You ask what I do with hO KATECHWN in v. 7 and hO ANOMOS in v. 8, since
they seem to you to be referring to the same person. No, hO KATECHWN
refers to Satan (v. 9) and hO ANOMOS refers to the man of lawlessness (v.
4). No problem here.

Paul S. Dixon, Pastor Check out my doctoral product:
Ladd Hill Bible Church "The Evangelism of Christ: a Model for
Wilsonville, OR 97070 Evangelism Today"
http://users.aol.com/dixonps/evangelism.htm