Re: TLG SOFTWARE

Mon, 21 Oct 1996 14:59:25 -0500

At 7:43 AM -0500 10/21/96, porson wrote:
>Hi,
>
>It's snowing here in New Mexico.
>
>Does anyone have any suggestions or recommendations for software to use
>with TLG on a Mac?

If you'll visit the TLG's very nice new web pages at

http://www.uci.edu:80/~tlg/

I think you'll find a listing of software useful for accessing the data on
the disk. I will add that here at Washington U. we're using Pandora 2.5.2,
which runs on HyperCard 2.1 or better; but at the Perseus ftp site there's
a new version of Pandora based on Tc/Tk as part of the new Perseus beta
software which can be used to access Perseus materials at Tufts directly as
well as do searches on TLG. In addition, Don Wilkins on this list has
several people testing his new "Prometheus" program for Macs to do
searching and browsing on the TLG or PHI disks.

N.B.: get that tilde right before the "tlg"--otherwise the URL won't work,
of course.

Hope this helps, cwc

Carl W. Conrad
(314) 935-4018