[Prev][Next][Index][Thread]

Hunting for an uncommon grammar

   Date: Tue, 20 Sep 1994 21:55:45 -0500 (CDT)
   From: rod.j.decker@uwrf.edu

   I just ran across an intriguing reference in a dissertation from U. Sheffield
   to a grammar by D. Durie, _Greek Grammar: A Concise Grammar of NT Greek_.
   Canberra, Austrailia, privately printed, 1981. I've hunted through the
   catalogs from nearly a dozen universities and can't locate a copy. Is anyone
   familiar with it or have suggestions as to where I might search? How about an
   Austrailian contact/university online adress there maybe?

I gophered around and found some interesting references in the
Australian National University catalog, which is located in Canberra,
ACT, Australia.  You can get there by

	TELNET LIBRARY.ANU.EDU.AU (IP address:  150.203.84.3)

or via gopher.  The Gopher entry provides the EMail contact address

	<helpdesk@library.anu.edu.au>

Here are the two interesting entries:

 TITLE        Greek grammar : a concise grammar of New Testament Greek / by
                David Durie.
 AUTHOR       Durie, David.
 EDITION      Rev. ed.
 PUBLISHED    Reid [A.C.T.] : D. Durie, 1981.
 DESCRIPT     xxvi, 396 p. ; 25 cm.
 SUBJECT      Greek language, Biblical --Grammar.
 NOTE         Previous ed.: Canberra : D. Durie, 1980.
              Includes index.
 BIBLIOG.     Bibliography: p. ix.
 ISBN         0959440127.
              0959440151 (pbk.)

 TITLE        Greek tutor : an introduction to the Greek New Testament / by
                David Durie.
 AUTHOR       Durie, David.
 EDITION      Rev. ed.
 PUBLISHED    Reid [A.C.T.] : D. Durie, 1981.
 DESCRIPT     viii, 150 p. ; 30 cm.
 SUBJECT      Greek language, Biblical --Grammar.
 NOTE         Previous ed.: Canberra : D. Durie, 1980.
              Includes index.
              Available form Mr. D. Durie, 5 Amaroo Street, Reid, A.C.T. 2601.
 ISBN         0959440135.
              0959440143 (pbk.)

Note that the second work is listed as available directly from the author,
whose address (of what currency I don't know) is provided.

I hope this helps.  Good luck in your quest, and if you do get a copy,
please post your impressions here.

-30-
Bob Ingria