Re: Teaching accents

From: James D. Ernest (ernest@mv.mv.com)
Date: Tue Sep 19 1995 - 21:19:56 EDT

On Tue, 19 Sep 1995, DR. KEN PULLIAM wrote:

> I have a question for those who teach Koine Greek. How valuable
> is it for the first year student to be taught the rules for
> accenting?

Very valuable. Builds self-esteem. My formula for this as for
many other things: Learn them for a quiz. Forget some of them.
Relearn slowly for keeps through long practice. Why deprive
them of these rules and have their next prof. think they're
goof-offs?
James D. Ernest Joint Doctoral Program
Manchester, New Hampshire, USA Andover-Newton/Boston College
Internet: ernest@mv.mv.com Chestnut Hill, Massachusetts