Re: Scientific Greek

From: Carl W. Conrad (cwconrad@artsci.wustl.edu)
Date: Mon Oct 23 1995 - 16:31:45 EDT

At 2:49 PM 10/23/95, Will Wagers wrote:
>Can anyone suggest the best lexicon (or other work) for scientifical
>definitions of ancient Greek? (My version of Liddell and Scott omits them,
>but I believe the full versions contains them.)

I think the unabridged LSJ is your only bet. If you have in mind an
investment, there's a brand new LSJM bound with a supplement by Glare that
OUP has just announced, due, I believe, in March. There's a very good $100
price on it for orders placed before 1/31/96, after which it will sell for
$125.

Carl W. Conrad
(314) 935-4018