Re: Bible study software? (fwd)

From: Stephen Carlson (scc@reston.icl.com)
Date: Fri Dec 01 1995 - 10:11:11 EST

D. Peterson wrote:
> In my version, the strongs numbers can be _displayed_ only in the KJV,
> however, you can do a search in any version by using the strongs number
> instead of the word in the search box.

My version is then out of date; it is the 6.0 DOS version and about two
years old.

> The definition of _serious_ greek work is up for grabs. I agree that OLB is
> not the most powerful software if you want to do complex lexigraphic work
> for publication. But the original question that led to this thread was
> about bible software for someone beginning to use computers who wants to
> deal with the original texts (i.e. the pastor/teacher in the parish). If
> you can afford the resources and time that Grammcord or Logos stuff needs,
> then great!!! In my circumstance, though, I am using a Mac and have done
> rather well with OLB on CD rom for $125. I really don't know anything more
> cost-efficient.
>
> My bottom line is that even this intermediate level program is light years
> ahead of working with paper texts (always excepting having a critical
> edition of the text at hand).
>
> I'm just emailing you on this, feel free to post to the list if you think
> appropriate,
> Pax,
> DCP

You've made some good comments which can be of use for list members, so
I'm cc'ing this to the list.

Stephen

--
Stephen Carlson     :  Poetry speaks of aspirations,  : ICL, Inc.
scc@reston.icl.com  :  and songs chant the words.     : 11490 Commerce Park Dr.