Re: Junias Redivivus!

From: Edgar M. Krentz (emkrentz@mcs.com)
Date: Sat Dec 02 1995 - 23:30:04 EST

Carl, The Concordia Seminary Fuerbringer Libraryk has photographkic
facsimiles of Codex Sinaiticus, A, D, D, W, 33, the Chester Beatty Papyri
and the Bodmer Papyri. A glance at them would be interesting. [Or see the
specimen pages in Aland's *Text of the NT* or Metzger's corresponding book.
The papyri are especially interesting because no later corrector inserted
accents.

And tell Fred to check the Junias entry in BAGD 3!

>> Heaven knows, we have enough problems with male chauvinism, without
>>having to INSERT them into the text!
>
>Thanks, Edward. I knew we'd discussed this before (repeatedly atque ad
>nauseam!), but I don't recall our having talked about the accents before.
>
>I'll call Danker tonight and tell him about the scotch-drinking sessions!
>He still makes his home here.
>
>Carl W. Conrad
>Department of Classics, Washington University
>One Brookings Drive, St. Louis, MO, USA 63130
>(314) 935-4018
>cwconrad@artsci.wustl.edu OR cwc@oui.com
>WWW: http://www.artsci.wustl.edu/~cwconrad/

Edgar Krentz, New Testament