Re: Translations/difinitions

From: Carlton Winbery (winberyc@popalex1.linknet.net)
Date: Sun Dec 10 1995 - 12:44:50 EST

>While studying Ephesians 1:1 I came across three words that I am not
>familiar with and I could not find them in either "Mastering Greek
>Vocabulary" by Thomas A Robinson or "Lexical Aids For Students of New
>Testament Greek" by Bruce M. Metzger. I am hoping that someone will be
>able to help me translate/define the following words:
>
> TOIS
> hAGIOIS
> OUSIN
>
>Thanks ahead of time for the help.

TOIS is the article in the masculine dative plural found in the lexicon as hO.

hAGIOIS is the adjective in the masculine dative plural. With the article
refers to "the saints."

OUSIN is the masculine dative participle from EIMI. With the article TOIS
means "to those who are . . ." If the words in brackets (EN EFESWi) are
original, then "to those who are in Ephesus." If not then "to those who
are also faithful."

Calton L. Winbery
Prof. Religion
LA College, Pineville, La