Re: Novel Interpretations {formerly Minor correction re: Bildad)

From: Mike Adams (mikadams@ix.netcom.com)
Date: Thu Dec 14 1995 - 11:24:24 EST

You wrote:

>Few indeed have seen this remarkable instrument, which was
>apparently used for measuring eggs. Better Peter should have
>egg on his feet than egg on his face.

>James D. Ernest Joint Doctoral Program

Amazing how those like to get mixed up! Consider Eir und Uhr. Or even
Eier und eilig...Which reminds me a visit to Germany when my husband
and I were late for a dinner appointment. I hastily uttered to the cab
driver that my husband and I were in eggs. Fortunately, I don't think
he heard me, and I regained my composure enough to say, "Schnell."

Ellen