Re: Apollos/Hebrews

From: Cal Redmond (calred@ix.netcom.com)
Date: Fri Feb 09 1996 - 10:58:44 EST

Gary Shogren wrote,

>Sometime in the future, during that ideal summer when I have
>nothing to do, I plan to write an article "proving" that John
>Mark wrote the book. I think he's the only companion of Paul
>never picked. The reason it's so different from GMark is that
>the gospel is written under Petrine influence. This will seal my
>immortality as a footnote in NT Introductions until the End. Any
>thoughts?

>Gary S. Shogren
>Associate Professor of New Testament
>Biblical Theological Seminary, Hatfield PA

Your suggestion certainly will earn that immortal footnote. But why
restrict the possible authors to Paul's circle?

Some possibilities that I am not aware have been put forward include:
Jude, Joseph of Arimathea, or Nicodemus. Please reserve at least one of
these for my claim to fame.

Cal Redmond, ABD
The Southern Baptist Theological Seminary
calred@ix.netcom.com

Cal Redmond