Re: Matthew Commentaries

From: Kenneth Litwak (kenneth@virginia.edu)
Date: Tue Apr 16 1996 - 16:37:14 EDT

   ANother suggestion for a commentary on Matthew would be Craig Blomberg's
New American Commentary. I've only lookedat it a little, but what I find
appealing about it is that Blomberg has dispensed with that dumb idea about
parables only having one main point and no allegorical elements. I know that's
not the politically correct way to say that, but I mean really now. Should
our understanding of hte parables be data-driven or not?

Ken Litwak
GTU
Bezerkley, CA