(no subject)

From: Micheal Palmer (bla00161@mail.wvnet.edu)
Date: Wed May 22 1996 - 00:51:21 EDT

After five years at Bluefield College (Bluefield, Virginia), I am
relocating to allow my wife, Maria, to persue her career. This decision
means that Bluefield College must begin a very late search for a
replacement. I promised our division chair that I would post the following
job announcement to the list to speed up that process. This is a logical
place to post such an announcement since we are interested in a computer
literate candidate and since the job requires a sound reading knowledge of
biblical Greek.

-----------------------------JOB ANNOUNCEMENT---------------------------------

Bluefield College seeks candidates for the position of Assistant Professor
of Religion and Philosophy with primary teaching responsibilities in
Biblical Greek and New Testament. The successful candidate must have a
Ph.D. in hand with strong background in Greek and New Testament.

The position carries a heavy teaching load, with a New Testament Survey
class and at least one Greek course each semester. At least one advanced
New Testament course will be taught each year as well. The normal course
load is four to five classes per semester (usually three but sometimes four
preparations).

Preference will be given to Baptist applicants. Bluefield College is
affiliated with, but not controlled by the Baptist General Association of
Virginia.

Resumˇs with a cover letter emphasizing the strengths of the applicant
should be mailed to

        Dr. Timothy Crawford
        Chair, Division of Humanities
        Bluefield College, Box 16
        3000 College Drive
        Bluefield, Virginia 24605

Questions about the position may be directed to Dr. Crawford at
bla00291@mail.wvnet.edu.

The college wishes to move quickly with the application process.
Application materials should be received as soon as possible.

Micheal W. Palmer
Assistant Professor
Greek and New Testament
Bluefield College