Galatians 5:4 THS XARITOS ECEPESATE: what kind of genitive?

From: Jonathan Robie (74144.2360@compuserve.com)
Date: Mon Oct 07 1996 - 14:14:49 EDT

Greetings from Hamburg, Germany, where I'm still working on Java
documentation...and thanks for the help on Galations 4. This was really helpful
(when I first hit that chapter, I thought my Greek was completely on the fritz
-- is this a hard chapter in general, or just a hard chapter for me?).

What is the semantic force of the genitive in THS XARITOS in Galations 5:4?

Here's the entire verse: KATHRGHQHTE APO XRISTOU OITINES EN NOMW DIKAIOUSQE, THS
XARITOS ECEPESATE.

Thanks!

Jonathan

P.S., Es gibt ueberall grosse Maronen im Wald. Ich habe ein Fahrradtour durch
den Briesental gemacht am Sonntag.