1 Thessalonians 5:23b

From: John Reece (jonree@earthlink.net)
Date: Wed Dec 10 1997 - 04:19:18 EST

Rolf

Thank you for your response to the query about 1 Thess. 5:23. The
possibility that that PNEUMA, YUCH and SWMA may refer to the church as a
whole rather than each individual member is intriguing.

I'm still not quite clear about the grammer of 5:23b. Please check me on
the following diagram, about which I am uncertain and desire correction:

hOLOKLHRON = subject
        hUMWN = modifier of subject
        TO PNEUMA KAI hH YUCH KAI TO SWMA = appositional modifier of subject

THRHQEIH = verb
        AMEMPTWS = adverb

Translation: The whole [singular] of you [plural] - the spirit, the
soul, and the body - be kept blameless...

Let's hear from grammarians about this.

Thanks,

John
John Reece jonree@earthlink.net