Re: Ephesians 1:11,14

From: Randy Leedy (RLEEDY@bju.edu)
Date: Mon Dec 15 1997 - 08:32:51 EST

In an otherwise helpful note on this thread, Edward Hobbs wrote:

>>>Thanks to Paul for discovering this omission. (I wouldn't have,
since, like Carl, I find this long opening super-sentence too
stupefying to seem worth the gymnastics to decode its Greek [did I
say Greek?].)
<<<

I think this brief comment calls for an equally brief response noting
that Edward has told us more about himself than he has told us about
the text.

I hope this short exchange does not erupt into flames; I have no
intention that it should. If it does, it will do so without my
further participation, and it will be well to bear in mind who struck
the match with what I can only take as a deliberately provocative
comment. Certainly the nature of the discussion itself did not
require this expression of personal opinion that contributes nothing
to our understanding of the textual question at issue. Is it not
reasonable to ask the chairman of the list to abide by the same
limitations that the staff with good reason wishes the rest of us to
respect?

In Love to God and Neighbor,
Randy Leedy
Bob Jones University