Re: Revelation 13:10

From: clayton stirling bartholomew (c.s.bartholomew@worldnet.att.net)
Date: Wed Dec 17 1997 - 18:33:22 EST

I don't think this Bartholomew ever gets it right the first time:

Bartholomew wrote:

R. H. Charles reconstructed the text in the same manner as it appears in the
text now received by all. I would take this to indicate that R. H. Charles
probably had some influence on the "Committee" or the "Gang of Five."

R. H. Charles reconstruction reads:

EI TIS EIS AICMALWSIAN
        EIS AICMALWSIAN hUPAGEI
EI TIS EN MACAIRHi APOKTANQHNAI
        AUTON EN MACAIRHi APOKTANQHNAI

Wrong wrong wrong. First off, R. H. Charles didn't reconstruct the text, he
just let the text of A stand. The "Gang of Five" didn't need to follow Charles
on this because they just let the text of A stand as well.

Bartholomew blundered here because he expected R. H. Charles to reconstruct
the text simply because that is what one learns to expect from R. H. Charles.

--
Clayton Stirling Bartholomew
Three Tree Point