Resource Material

From: Theodore H. Mann (thmann@juno.com)
Date: Sat Dec 27 1997 - 22:47:32 EST

B-Greekers:

Perhaps some generous listmembers will come to my assistance.
Can you suggest a good book (or set of books) that explains why various
grammatical choices were made by the writers of the NT?
For example: I have been trying to work my way through John, and I
notice that the verb POREUQW is used in 14:3. My analytical lexicon
tells me that this is
aorist-passive-subjunctive. I understand why it is subjunctive, and I
think I understand why it is aorist, but I fail to grasp why it is
passive. So that I do not have to continually bother all of you with
such basic issues, maybe you can recommend a reference work that goes
through the NT on a pretty much verse by verse basis, explaining such
matters.

Thanks.

Ted

Dr. Theodore "Ted" H. Mann