RE: Gramcord notes on the article

From: Williams, Wes (Wes.Williams@echostar.com)
Date: Fri Jan 02 1998 - 15:23:47 EST

> "The Word was God", interpreted as "definite and qualitative", does
> not
> mean "the Word had godly character" or "the Word had the qualities and
> characteristics associated with a god", it means "the Word had the
> qualities and characteristics associated with God". So I am drawing a
> distinction between:
>
> 1. "definite and qualitative": has the qualities and characteristics
> associated with God
> 2. "indefinite and qualitative": has the qualities and characteristics
> associated with a God

        Jonathan,

        The distinction between the above two items is a distinction of
_degree_ of qualitativeness and ontology, not of qualitativeness per se.
In both examples, both have the qualities and characteristics associated
with God.

        Thank you for your interest. I am interested at this time in
considering further examples of distinctions between qualitativeness and
indefiniteness, which was the beginning of this thread, was it not?

        Sincerely,
        Wes Wiliams