Re: Online GNT with variants

From: Dale M. Wheeler (dalemw@teleport.com)
Date: Tue Jan 20 1998 - 15:29:07 EST

Jeffrey Gibson wrote:

>Pardon this rather ignorant question, but it was brought home to me by
>Paul Dixon's recent posting on the Martha and Mary passage in Luke. Paul
>in his response refers to textual variants, and then goes on to give the
>variants themselves, as do many others in other postings about other
>topics. Now is this done by going to a NA26/27/UBS3/4 and copying out the
>information in the apparatus (as I would have to do), or is he (and all
>or any others who refer to variant readings in their postings) using an
>online/downloadable/purchase-able GNT which not only *includes* variants
>but can pull them up when they exist? Paul, you can answer for yourself.
>But do others know something I don't know.

Jeff:

If such a thing exists, it does in violation of the ABS/UBS/GBS copyright
on the NA/UBS apparatuses (I think we had this discussion a year ago or
so, didn't we ?? Or was that on the TC forum ?). At any rate, I'm not
aware of anything...

XAIREIN...

Dale M. Wheeler, Ph.D.
Research Professor in Biblical Languages Multnomah Bible College
8435 NE Glisan Street Portland, OR 97220
Voice: 503-251-6416 FAX:503-254-1268 E-Mail: dalemw@teleport.com