Re: In Memoriam Ernst Kasemann

From: Mark Goodacre (goodacms@m4-arts.bham.ac.uk)
Date: Wed Feb 25 1998 - 10:21:02 EST

Just going through b-greek posts of the last few days, I am sorry too
to hear of the death of Kasemann.

On the question of quotations attributed to him, I was often told
that he was famous for having insisted "I hate Luke". Is there any
truth to this, I wonder? As it was explained to me, he followed
Conzelmann in seeing Luke as salvation-historical and thus in some
ways proto-Nazi. I searched for any evidence of this quotation when
writing on Goulder (who is the opposite -- Luke is "a very likeable
man" -- but for different reasons) but could not find any. Another
myth?

Mark
Dr Mark Goodacre M.S.Goodacre@bham.ac.uk
Homepage: http://www.bham.ac.uk/theology/goodacre.htm