Re: just wondering

From: Carl W. Conrad (cwconrad@artsci.wustl.edu)
Date: Thu Mar 05 1998 - 07:26:33 EST

I'm delighted to note the discretion exercised by those who have responded
to this query, and indeed, the query itself was couched in what I think
were inoffensive terms. Nevertheless, this isn't really a question about
the Greek text of the NT as such but about the relationship of
faith-stances and textual criticism, and as such it really doesn't belong
on B-Greek. I hope that nobody has taken offense at either the original
query or at this statement. Perhaps the warning against unwarranted
assumptions was itself salutary: often I think we may worry more about what
we THINK someone else is thinking than about what someone else has ever
actually SAID or WRITTEN.
But enough.

Carl W. Conrad