Re: LXX and gospels (two or three witnesses)

From: Jim West (jwest@highland.net)
Date: Tue Mar 24 1998 - 06:52:25 EST

At 07:48 PM 3/24/98 +0800, you wrote:
> Jim, Nichael
> Thanks for your comments. Both sets of points taken.
> I was wondering - do we have any extant early comment
> on the synoptics/all4gospels from either fathers who were
> converted Jews, or alternatively from early Jewish critics
> of the synoptic records?
> Steven

Patristics is not really my field, so I cannot comment on specific fathers.
My experience with the documents ends at the solidification of the canon.
But I cannot recall a single father who was a Jew; nor can I think of any
rabbinic reference to the 4 gospels as either significant or insignificant.

Best,

Jim

Jim West, ThD
Petros TN