sister or wife in 1 Cor. 7

From: Jeffrey Gibson (jgibson@acfsysv.roosevelt.edu)
Date: Wed Apr 15 1998 - 15:45:18 EDT

I did not follow the thread on sister/wife very closely, so forgive me if
what I'm posting now is duplication.

While looking at the new books section of Garrett Evangelical Theological
Seminary Library, I noticed a new (1997) book by J. Dorcas Gordan,
entitled _Sister or Wife: 1 Corinthians 7 and Cultural Anthropology_
(JSNTS 149, Sheffield: Sheffield Academic Press). Though I did not
actually read any of the text, I skimmed the table of contents, and it
looks as if it will answer the questions recently posed on the sister/wife
issue.

Yours,

Jeffrey Gibson
jgibson@acfsysv.roosevelt.edu