Re: Aramaic rxm

From: Steven Cox (scox@chinaonline.com.cn.net)
Date: Sat Apr 18 1998 - 23:01:39 EDT

Jack, cc Carl, Jim, Paul, George (hope I've not missed anyone)

A very interesting reconstruction which I have saved to my hard drive.

I am surprised that there is only one word for Love in Aramaic, I had
always assumed that it must be like Hebrew with 2 or more options
(eg. Song 1:2 and 1:3)

I think I have seen you make reference to the Peshitta in the past
(apologies if I am confused) can you comment whether there is a
diligis?/amas? shift as per Vulgate or whether rxm is used in both
places.

Best rgds
Steven