Re: John 21.6b

From: Mary L B Pendergraft (pender@wfu.edu)
Date: Sun May 03 1998 - 12:27:32 EDT

At 06:04 PM 5/2/98 -0500, Carl W. Conrad wrote:
>I have looked at the other responses to this, but I'd like to add a bit.

(snip)>
>I think the point missed here is that ISCUON is being used here as an
>auxiliary that is equivalent in meaning to HDUNANTO--so that hELKUSAI is
>simply a complementary infinitive.

This morning I found this posting in my in-box, followed immediately by my
similar one that claimed no one had yet answered this question. Clearly,
when I typed that, this one hadn't shown up on my server.

Mary

Mary Pendergraft
Associate Professor of Classical Languages
Wake Forest University
Winston-Salem NC 27109-7343
336-758-5331 (NOTE: this is a new number) pender@wfu.edu