Re: Throne of God and of the Lamb

From: Eric Weiss (eweiss@gte.net)
Date: Thu Jun 25 1998 - 16:21:22 EDT

Actually, it's a "personal" pronoun. Perschbacher REFRESH YOUR GREEK (pp. 1104-1110) lists 9
kinds of pronouns:
1. Personal
2. Relative
3. Indefinite
4. Intensive
5. Interrogative
6. Demonstrative
7. Possessive - these are EMOS, SOS, hHMETEROS, hUMETEROS, etc., and the 3rd person genitive
singulars and plurals, i.e., AUTOU, AUTWN, etc.
In Revelation 22:3 the AUTWi is in the dative probably because that is how the object of
LATREUW is normally found. For it to be the "possessive pronoun" AUTOS would have to be in
the genitive case, not the dative case. The earlier AUTOU (i.e., hOI DOULOI AUTOU) in this
verse is a possessive pronoun, however.
8. Reciprocal
9. Reflexive

lakr wrote:

> > > 2) "...the throne of God and of the Lamb shall be in it, and His
> > > bond-servants shall serve Him; Revelation 22:3, NASB).
> >
> > Dear Sir [pawise],
> > I would direct you to consider that the last word of Revelation 22:3,
> > "Him" is AUTW which as a relative pronoun in the dative case is
> > the _singular_ masculine form.
> >
> > Sincerely,
> > Larry Kruper
>
> AUTW is a 'possessive pronoun' not a relative pronoun. Thanks to
> a kind list member for pointing that out to me in private.
> Larry
>
> ---
> b-greek home page: http://sunsite.unc.edu/bgreek

"Eric S. Weiss"