Re: Mt 7:6

From: Tom Conry (tomconry@mediaone.net)
Date: Thu Jul 23 1998 - 11:00:05 EDT

A really wonderful (in my opinion) summary of west Asian poetry forms
can be found in _Poet and Peasant and Through Peasant Eyes_ (it used
to be two books and was combined into one) by Kenneth Bailey. William
B. Eerdmans Publishing Company, Grand Rapids MI. My edition is 1983.
It is an exploration of the impact of these forms on the parables of Luke.
For me, it was really useful.