Re: Gal 4:14

From: Mark & Mary Markham (markhamm@jas-net.de)
Date: Tue Aug 11 1998 - 19:14:34 EDT

>On Tue, 11 Aug 1998 03:52:34 -0400 (EDT), you wrote:
>

>>(Gal 4:14 NASB) and that which was a trial to you in my bodily condition
>>you did not despise or loathe, but you received me
>>as an angel of God
>>as Christ Jesus Himself.
>>
>>I would like to know if there is any relation with 'as an angel' and 'as
>>Christ'
>
>I took this as hyberbole. Obviously the people would recieve Jesus
>with more enthusiasm than they welcomed Paul. He is exagerating to
>make the point that the Galatians welcomed him well.

even a little Greek can help. The word angel carries the idea of "messenger
of" we see that clearly in revelation in regars to the angles of the 7
churches. Paul was considerd God's messenger, and treated well because the
did it us unto the Lord.

Other will undoubtedly be more tech than I, but it seems to fit.
I hope it helps.

Mark

Christ pointed out that when we do things to others (esp. of His own) we
have done it unto Him (the Logos--another thread) and the way God has chosen
to speak to us in these last days (Hebrews)

leave-b-greek-329W@franklin.oit.unc.edu