Re: septuagint - how many times agape (english) appears

From: Jack Kilmon (jkilmon@historian.net)
Date: Tue Oct 13 1998 - 01:36:24 EDT

It first appears in the Song of Solomon. The LXX uses it for
the Hebrew )hbh. It is not used in Mark, Acts, James, only once
in Mt and Lk, twice in Heb and Rev and frequently in Paul, John,
Peter, and Jude.

Jack

Robert E Sackett wrote:

> I can not figuare out how to find agape in the Septuagint. Is there
> aconcordance for it???? I'm trying to find when the word agape first came
> into use in greek.
>
> Thanks
> Bob Sackett
>
> ---
> B-Greek home page: http://sunsite.unc.edu/bgreek
> You are currently subscribed to b-greek as: [cwconrad@artsci.wustl.edu]

Min d'LA rokHEM l'maRAN yeSHUa meshyCHA niheYAH. maRAN aTHA

Jack Kilmon jkilmon@historian.net

http://www.historian.net