2 Peter 3:7 NUN OURANOI

From: Stephan Schenker (stephanschenker@swissonline.ch)
Date: Mon Dec 28 1998 - 17:08:11 EST

Dear B-Greekers

This is the first time I post a question the B-Greek mailing list.

Can anyone help me to grasp the term NUN OURANOI in 2 Peter
3:7. In German we can translate nunmehrige Himmel. NIV has "the
present heavans".

2 Peter 3:5 mentions OURANOI HSAN EKPALAI, the heavans
which existed for a long time.

The term NUN in connection with OURANOI in verse 7 seems to
me not so easy to grasp. Some assume that the OURANOI HSAN
EKPALAI were also deluged as the KOSMOS was because they
think they have to be different from the NUN OURANOI. I do not
think the same.
The problem I face is that I have not yet found a proper explanation
of the term NUN OURANOI in the context of 2 Peter 3.

I would be very grateful if anyone of you B-Greekers could enlighten
me in this question.

Best regards

Stephan Schenker
e-mail: stephanschenker@swissonline.ch