Winged Feet

From: clayton stirling bartholomew (c.s.bartholomew@worldnet.att.net)
Date: Fri Apr 30 1999 - 15:18:52 EDT

This is slightly off topic.

I was looking for an epithet like PODARKHS (Iliad A:121) but with the
meaning winged feet. I found almost what I was looking for in Ovid
Metamorph. 2:229 and Aristophanes Thes.1100 ( PODA hUPOPTERON) but I
could not find this phrase used as an epithet. Perhaps there is no such
usage. I was under the impression that this was used as an epithet of
Hermes, Mercury perhaps others.

And while we are already off topic, what about the symbol of the foot
with wings. Anyone know anything about the history of this symbol?

--
Clayton Stirling Bartholomew
Three Tree Point