Re: Septuagint Quotations

From: N & RJ Hanscamp (nar.hanscamp@clear.net.nz)
Date: Fri Jun 11 1999 - 06:16:58 EDT

Denny

If I understand your question correctly, you are wanting to tie down the
quotes in the Greek NT with either Greek (LXX) or Hebrew.

I wish it were that simple. Some authors SEEM to be quoting either one or
the other, but many quotes seem to be either from memory or from version of
scripture that we do not have. You would be better off asking about
specific quotes, and seeing where that leads you.
I don't know of a web-site that gives any indication of this.

Nigel

Nigel and Rebecca Hanscamp
Trinity Methodist Theological College
Auckland Consortium of Theological Education, New Zealand
Email: nar.hanscamp@clear.net.nz