Re: Deut 32:8 LXX

From: Jim West (jwest@highland.net)
Date: Wed Aug 25 1999 - 13:54:17 EDT

At 01:44 PM 8/25/99 -0400, you wrote:

>It looks like we are going to have something similar with the Hebrew Bible in
>the Hebrew University's multi-volume edition. (Only two volumes [Isaiah and
>Jeremiah] have been released so far, though.)
>
>Greg

At the rate they are pushing those things out none of us will live to see
the whole thing done. Isaiah appeared, what, almost 2 decades ago???? And
now, Jeremiah? Its immensely frustrating.

Perhaps the promised BHQ will be out on schedule around 2002. It will have
a much more thorough apparatus and will also include ben Sira! as well as
the significant variants from the DSS. Along those same lines, by the way,
Eugene Ulrich of Notre Dame is going to publish a volume titled something
like "The Bible of the Dead Sea Scrolls", which will have the text of the
Hebrew Bible critically annotated from the biblical scrolls found at Qumran.

But, to keep this in line with the purpose of this list- I mention....

Greek.

Best,

Jim