Re: 3 questions

From: Jonathan Robie (jwrobie@mindspring.com)
Date: Sat Sep 04 1999 - 17:31:13 EDT

<x-flowed>At 10:55 PM 9/3/99 -0500, Mitchell Gray wrote:
>Hello,
>I have three questions: but there not exactly B-Greek questions, so, if
>you can reply off list.
>
>1) Do you know of any good pocket sized concordances

Two pocket sized concordances seem to be respected by people I respect:
Souter's and the abridged BAGD. Neither of these is quite pocket-sized, but
either is proportional to the size of the GNT, and since you won't need the
concordance when you aren't reading a text, that's probably good enough.

>2) What is the best analytical concordance

Frankly, I don't see a lot of difference between the Mounce analytical
concordance and the Pershbacher. Analytical concordances seem to solve the
same problem in a similar way.

>3) If someone had to invest in one Lexicon, which would that be?

If only one, BAGD if you like to do your homework and appreciate having
enough citations to allow you to see how the word is actually used, or Louw
and Nida if you really want a clear definition without doing all that work
up front. For more information, see the Little Greek home page, listed in
my signature.

Jonathan

Jonathan
Robie