Re: Matthew 21:29-31

From: Numberup@worldnet.att.net
Date: Sun Sep 05 1999 - 11:42:32 EDT

I don't know that this is necessary, assuming that such Arabs are at least somewhat
familiar with the Qur'an. The Qur'an itself contains quite a bit of Jewish history
and legend, along with much about those who say, but do not perform.

"They are those with whom Thou didst make a covenant,
but they break their covenant every time, and they have not
the fear of Allah." (8:56, and many more like this, Yusuf Ali translation)

Of course, in many lands the life of the people revolves more around tradition than
around the Qur'an itself, so it is a judgment call.

Solomon Landers
Memra Institute for Biblical Research
http://www.memrain.org