Han's Parsing Guide

From: Rodney J. Decker (rdecker@bbc.edu)
Date: Tue Sep 07 1999 - 10:28:57 EDT

>Han's book simply gives the parse codes for every word of the GNT. I
>believe Han to be reliable.

I would use Han's Parsing Guide with a little more caution. I haven't used
it in quite a few years, but my copy is well marked with corrections,
omissions, etc. It really needs a careful revision before being placed very
high on the authority list. If there is a discrepency with another
reference work, I'd be suspicious of Han. BAGD or one of the software
programs based on the Gramcord database is much more likely to be reliable.
(And BTW, Han only parses the verbs, no other words.)

Rod

Rodney J. Decker, Th.D. Baptist Bible Seminary
Assoc. Prof./NT PO Box 800, Clarks Summit, PA 18411
rdecker@bbc.edu http://faculty.bbc.edu/rdecker/
The *Resources for NT Study* site is accessible at:
http://faculty.bbc.edu/rdecker/rd_rsrc.htm