Re: KANWN

From: Maurice A. O'Sullivan (mauros@iol.ie)
Date: Fri Sep 17 1999 - 20:10:37 EDT

<x-flowed>At 16:55 17/09/99 -0400, you wrote:
>When I think of 'rule' I think of "Do this activity." However, in
>Gal. 6 it's not like that

Here is the relevant comment from F.F. Bruce:Bruce, F.F. The Epistle to
the Galatians: A Commentary on the Greek Text. N.I.TG.T.C. Grand Rapids:
Eerdmans, 1982.

" the KANWN is apparently tje principle just laid down about the " new
creations" : the reference then is to the members of the new humanity who
are guided by this principle: in contrast to those who maintain the
continuing validity of circumcision and similar legal requirements"

I quite like the modesty of that " appafently", don't you?

Maurice

Maurice A. O'Sullivan [ Bray, Ireland ]
mauros@iol.ie

[ subscribed to MSN Messenger