Re: kai

From: Steven Craig Miller (scmiller@www.plantnet.com)
Date: Wed Oct 13 1999 - 18:48:41 EDT

To: Bart Ehrman,

John C. Hawkins, in his "Horae Synopticae" (2nd edition, 1909:151), writes:

<< If we take the sections and sub-sections of Mark, as denoted in WH by
fresh paragraphs and by spaces respectively, they amount together to 88. Of
these no less than 80 begin with KAI ... >>

Elliott C. Maloney, in his "Semitic Interference in Marcan Syntax"
(1981:203n72) states that Maximilian Zerwick claims that the figure should
be 89 (and not 88), Maloney cites "Untersuchungen zum Markusstil," page 1.
(I guess that Maloney was too lazy to count for himself so as to settle the
issue. <g>)

-Steven Craig Miller
Alton, Illinois (USA)
scmiller@www.plantnet.com