Re: Present Tense

From: dixonps@juno.com
Date: Tue Oct 19 1999 - 14:06:52 EDT

Whew! Yes, we have gotten away from the aorist "once for all"
idea, but this is a bit much. Is this a mutually exclusive proposition,
or a both/and?

I have a sneaky suspicion (please correct, if wrong) that this view
was prompted by a particular theology and particularly an interpretation
of 1 Jn 3, as you mention. We are both DTS grads and are familiar with
Zane Hodge's view on sanctification. Which actually came first, the
theology, then the subsequent re-interpretation of the present tense
and particularly of 1 Jn 3, or vice versa?

Paul Dixon