Thread closed: A ONE TIME REPLY

From: Carl W. Conrad (cwconrad@artsci.wustl.edu)
Date: Tue Dec 07 1999 - 12:54:48 EST

We don't normally talk about textual criticism on B-Greek EXCEPT where
we're talking about the relative merits of variants in a specific Biblical
Greek text we're trying to make sense of. That's how the issue arose
regarding two variants in John 12:7 originally, but it's gotten out of hand
and the reason why we don't deal with it has become more obvious as the
people to call a halt to this thread when I wrote:

PLEASE let's keep personalities out of B-Greek discussion and confine
discussion to matters of the judgments concerning the evidence and the
evidence posters feel supports their judgments. If they feel they must do
so, B-Greekers can judge for themselves whether that evidence seems
sufficient to support the judgments offered. Okay?

These posts have continued and they have focused more sharply on
hermeneutical issues and faith-stances that we have openly stated we are
not going to discuss on B-Greek. That's the reason I urged earlier that we
keep personalities out of it and it's the reason now that I'm officially
asking for no more posts on this thread. I should note that I've also asked
many times that B-Greekers read all incoming B-Greek posts before
responding to any current queries; PLEASE, LET'S HAVE NO MORE OF THIS!

Carl W. Conrad
Co-Chair, B-Greek List
cwconrad@artsci.wustl.edu