Re: Vanderbilt NT Bibliography

From: Mark Goodacre (M.S.GOODACRE@bham.ac.uk)
Date: Tue Dec 14 1999 - 07:59:18 EST

On 14 Dec 99, at 9:44, Wieland Willker wrote:

> I have found a useful bibliography which explains several important
> "Criticisms" and gives reading suggestions:
>
> http://divinity.library.vanderbilt.edu/bibs/newtest.htm
>
> Discussed topics:
> | Textual Criticism | Form Criticism | Source Criticism | Redaction
> Criticism | Literary Criticism | Rhetorical Criticism |
> | Social Scientific Criticism | Structural Analysis | Historical Jesus
> Research | | New Testament Theology | Reader-Response Criticism |
> Poststructural/Postmodern Criticism | Feminist/Womanist Criticism |
> Ideological Criticism | Postcolonial/Cultural Studies | Grammars | |
> Lexicons and Concordances | Exegetical Aids | Serials | Periodicals and
> Annuals | Films |
>
> I have checked the Textual Criticism page and found it basic, but good and
> well balanced.

I agree that the Vanderbilt NT Bibliography is a fine and helpful
resource, but it is a bit mixed and parts of it should be used with
caution. Some of its articles are not attributed properly, e.g. the
Textual Criticism introduction is taken mainly from the Darkness to
Light homepage at http://www.dtl.org/versions/book/criticism.htm.
Similarly our own Jim West's pieces on Form Criticism etc. are taken
from the Quartz Hill courses (I think). The introduction to the Jesus
Quest by Travis Brouwer is not helpful and should not be used --
Andrew Bernhard long since withdrew this from the site on which it
originated.

Mark
Dr Mark Goodacre mailto:M.S.Goodacre@bham.ac.uk
  Dept of Theology tel: +44 121 414 7512
  University of Birmingham fax: +44 121 414 6866
  Birmingham B15 2TT United Kingdom

http://www.bham.ac.uk/theology/goodacre
   The New Testament Gateway
   All-in-One Biblical Resources Search