Re: Luke 2:2. Time to quit

From: Jeffrey B. Gibson (jgibson000@mailhost.chi.ameritech.net)
Date: Thu Dec 30 1999 - 17:25:48 EST

"Carl W. Conrad" wrote:

> While I appreciate the concerns that have prolonged this thread into issues
> that go far beyond what the text itself means in the Greek, may I urge that
> unless someone has something substantive to say about the Greek text itself
> rather than about how it squares with what one thinks the historical facts
> are are ought to be, let's bring a halt to this. Please.

In light of Carl's (quite correct) admonition, might I suggest (shameless plug
alert!) that anyone who wishes to take up the issues on how the text of Lk. 2:2
squares (or does not) with what one thinks the historical facts are are ought to be,
should bring the issue to XTalk, the forum devoted to discussion of critical
questions surrounding the Historical Jesus and the rise of Christianity. Discussion
is, however, limited to members of XTalk. Details on the nature, purpose, scope,
protocols, and methods of subscribing to the List may be found at www.xtalk.org.

Yours,

Jeffrey Gibson

--