Tit 1:1-2

From: Brian Swedburg (brian@discoveryhills.org)
Date: Mon Jan 24 2000 - 19:39:05 EST

<x-html><!x-stuff-for-pete base="" src="" id="0"><!doctype html public "-//w3c//dtd html 4.0 transitional//en">
Greetings!
in Titus 1:1, and the use of EPI in 1:2.
ZWHS AIWNIOU...
of Titus as a literary whole.&nbsp; The correct interpretation of these
first verses seems key to the task at hand!
the following translation is possible, and I will explain my reasoning
after.&nbsp; Then, I would love your feedback and gentle criticism!
God's chosen and the knowledge of the truth which is for godliness in hope&nbsp;
of eternal life...</i>
purpose, and the EPI as functioning to indicate cause.&nbsp; I think this
is grammatically possible, and seems in keeping with the author's desire
to call the elders and&nbsp; the young and old to godliness in keeping
with the faith.&nbsp; See also 2:11-13 which I understand to say something
to the effect of ' The saving grace (Christ) has appeared, teaching us
to live godly lives, encouraged by the hope Christ will return'
grammatical questions in the literature as a whole.&nbsp; I am not making
theological commentary, just suggesting a unifying theme.

</x-html>