Re: John 8: Who are they?

From: CEP7@aol.com
Date: Sun Feb 27 2000 - 16:32:53 EST

I think your on the right track, although this particular problem is not
resolved by the Greek in and of itself, while generally it is true that the
nearest grammatical antecedent is usually the antecedent ofd the pronoun,
discourse analysis may provide a better solution. One of the features of
John's discourses is that Jesus' enemies are always the ones who respond to
Him. This particular feature may take precedence over the grammatical
solution.

Charles Powell
DTS