Re: 1Pet.1:17

From: Steven Lo Vullo (doulos@chorus.net)
Date: Sun Mar 19 2000 - 17:34:48 EST

<x-charset iso-8859-1>Hi,

Oftentimes in the NT a noun is anarthrous, not because it is indefinite, but
because the stress is on the nature of the person/thing or on some
characteristic of the person/thing. In this case the noun is not indefinite
(the Heavenly Father is clearly in view), rather, the stress is on a
particular characteristic of the One we call upon, i.e., unlike many earthly
fathers we invoke "a Father who judges each man's work impartially" (NIV).

Steve LoVullo
Madison, WI