Re: A question from a novice!

From: Polycarp66@aol.com
Date: Sun Mar 19 2000 - 09:53:23 EST

In a message dated 3/19/2000 9:30:07 AM Central Daylight Time,
moon@saint.soongsil.ac.kr writes:

<<
 I cannot pinpoint to it, but I sort of remember that in LXX,
 AGAPAW is frequently used to express the love relationship
 between men and women, even the one that is quite selfish.
 If so, on what ground did you consider AGAPH as selfless love, self
 sacrificing
 love? >>

You are absolutely correct. Gen 29.21, 22. (perhaps others -- I stopped
looking when I found one instance).

KAI EDOULEUSEN IAKWB PERI RAXHL ETH hEPTA, KAI HSAN ENANTION AUTOU hWS
hHMERAI OLIGAI PARA TO AGAPAN AUTON AUTHN.

EIPEN DE' IAKWB PROS LABAN APODOS THN GUNAIKA MOU, PEPLHRWNTAI GAR hAI
hHMERAI MOU, hOPWS EISELQW PROS AUTHN.