Re: Did I say that? What I meant was ...

From: Carlton Winbery (winberyc@speedgate.net)
Date: Thu Mar 23 2000 - 21:12:14 EST

Carl Conrad wrote;

>>> I have left most of my adult life in the university ...
>>
>>The above may well be true, but I meant to say "I have LIVED most of my
>>adult life in the university ..." How much I have left there is
>>questionable at best.
>>
>>There are other errors in my last post too, but that one's a whopper.

Reminds me of a saying I think was attributed to Krister Stendahl (I'll bet
Edward knows). He said, "This is a place of much learning, much learning!
The freshmen bring so much with them and the seniors take so little away,
it just keeps accumulating."

Dr. Carlton L. Winbery
Foggleman Professor of Religion
Louisiana College