Re: Machine readable Abbot-Smith?

From: Jonathan Robie (Jonathan.Robie@SoftwareAG-USA.com)
Date: Sat Apr 29 2000 - 08:37:43 EDT

At 05:12 PM 4/27/00 -0700, George Goolde wrote:<br>
My copy identifies the First edition as 1921, the Second Edition as 1923, and the Third Edition as 1937.&nbsp; It identifies the &quot;latest reprint&quot; as 1964.&nbsp; I have a T. &amp;T. Clark printing with no copyright notice.<br>
My understanding of the old copyright law was 27 years, once renewable, hence a total of 54 years. This would mean that the copyright of the third edition would have expired in 1991.&nbsp; </blockquote><br>
Great - does anybody know what the differences are between the third edition and the latest reprint?<br>
Do you mean a clean copy that could be scanned?&nbsp; Or are you asking if someone has already done the scanning and has an electronic copy?</blockquote>&nbsp;<br>
I do not have an OCR scanner. Since this book combines Greek with English, I don't know if a straight scan would do the trick or not. Does anyone have experience with this kind of scanning?<br>
Basically, I'm looking for any approach that would get me a legal machine-readable copy. If I can get such a thing, I'd also like to make it available over the Internet.<br>
Jonathan</html>