Re: NIGTC

From: Bret Hicks (bret@ratedg.com)
Date: Wed May 31 2000 - 15:42:30 EDT

    As I looked at my comments on the NIGTC, I want to make sure that I
am not being negative regarding the series. As my proficiency in Greek
has grown, I tend to like more technical commentaries which really delve
into the Greek. Thus, series such as the NIGTC and the Word Biblical
Commentary (WBC) series, which were previously too technical for me, are
now used with great benefit. I still use the New International
Commentary on the New Testament (NICNT) a lot as well. The difference
is that while the NICNT was useful before I had any knowledge of Greek,
the NIGTC and WBC were not. Hope this clarifies my earlier
ramblings....

In the grace of Christ,

Bret A. Hicks
Bay Ridge Christian Church